UPDATE! – Holy Apostle’s Women’s Retreat 2016 – By Rose Vaughan
Where did the summer go?? The Retreat is just around the corner. The total of $150.00 to include 2 nights lodging, 5 meals, bed sheets & pillow (bring a blanket or sleeping bag as the nights may be chilly), 5 cabins and our own private space will be due by no later than Sunday, September 4. When writing a check, please indicate in the “Memo” Women’s Retreat in order to keep the bookkeeping smooth. We need to have a final head count and money in to Shepherd’s Spring by September 9. If you have any questions, please see Rose or contact by email: email@example.com or cell 443-829-1501.
- No Smoking in buildings or on grounds
- No pets allowed
- No alcohol or drugs
- No firearms
- “Walk softly on the earth” – leave plants, flowers, etc in their place
- Participate in Recycling efforts
- Conserve energy
- Open fires are permitted in designated areas only (Yes we will have a bonfire)
- Open flamed candles allowed only in meeting spaces not in cabins
- A phone is available for emergencies in the office & a pay phone is in the Lodge
- Not all cell phone providers will have coverage on site because of their location
- 2 car maximum at the cabins, all others must move cars to parking areas at Lodge or Pool once you have unloaded your belongings
- Clean up of cabins – sweep out and leave clean as they were found
- Any equipment or supplies used should be returned to storage areas
- Lost & Found – Can either return to retrieve items or pay COD charge and $5 service charge to have them located and mailed. Unclaimed items will be disposed of after 30 days.
- 10 minute meeting required at beginning of stay with the group to go over some guidelines
Meals are provided in the Lodge Dining Room as follows:
8:00 AM – Breakfast
12:00 Noon – Lunch
5:00 PM – Dinner
Please advise Rose if you have any dietary restrictions and they will be accommodated as long as we notify them in advance.
Shepherd’s Spring Outdoor Ministry Center
16869 Taylors Landing Road
Sharpsburg, MD 21782
Back by popular request is our yearly Women’s Retreat. Tracy, Deb & Rose put their heads together and searched high and low for a nice venue closer to Sherry Ross McCall, who will be facilitating. We discovered that most retreat centers were already booked a year in advance. However, we found one that fits our needs. It is called Shepherd’s Spring Ministry Center located in Sharpsburg, MD. Please check out their website to see the beautiful grounds (220 acres of rolling, wooded land along the Potomac River and C&O canal. SHEPHERDSSPRING.ORG then click ABOUT, FACLITIES, POPLAR VILLAGE to see the cabins and amenities that we will be enjoying. Check back to this blog for new postings as they are available. If anyone has ever stayed at this facility, please share your experience with us.
Sherry has asked if there are any specific topics that you might have in mind to work on over the weekend. If you do, please send an email to Rose Vaughan –firstname.lastname@example.org – with any information or suggestions you may have. We are really excited about trying a new location this year and having such an experienced and engaging facilitator for this event. For those of you who know Sherry, I’m sure you would agree that she is not just gifted in this area, but has such a great sense of humor and the ability to put you at ease to share and enjoy this type of intimate experience. We hope that you will join this group either as a new comer or as an old timer. All are welcome!
Here are the details so far:
Facilitator: Sherry McCall Ross
Venue: Shepherd’s Spring Ministry Center, 16869 Taylors Landing Rd, Sharpsburg, MD 21782, Phone: 301-223-8193
Dates: Sept. 23, 24 & 25 – arrival Friday is when you are able, departure Sunday after lunch.
Cost $150.00 – includes 2 nights lodging, 5 meals, bed linens, 5 cabins and private use of a beautiful outdoor facility.
Please speak to Rose Vaughan, Deb Allan or Tracy Pearsall if you are interested in attending. Check out their website to see the beautiful grounds that surround this facility. shepherdsspring.org